Career timeline and highlights
- 2007: Graduated with a Bachelor of Visual Arts (Specialisation) with Honours and a Bachelor of Education (Middle and Secondary) from University of South Australia.
- July 2007: Print Centre, Photography and Design teacher at Smithfield Plains High School. Subjects taught year 10 to 12 Photography and certificate Two in Printing and Graphic Arts VET program ( unfortunately due to funding the Print Centre closed at the end of 2007).
- 2008: I continued at Smithfield Plains High School employed as a Photography, Art, Craft and Design teacher. During 2008 I gained permanency with DECD and in 2009 became the senior Visual Arts Specialist teacher until the school closed at the end of the year.
- 2010: I moved to the new super school Mark Oliphant College and the brand new school located at Munno Para. I was employed as the Middle and Senior Visual Arts teacher specialising in Visual Arts and Multimedia.
- 2012: I was selected through application process to participate in the Leading School's program delivered by High Tech High Graduate School of Education in San Diego, California. I along with 5 colleagues travelled to San Diego three times to work with educators from Canada, India and America. Click here to view my HTH project.
- 2014: Promoted to Teacher Leader for Middle and Senior years at Mark Oliphant College in Project Based Learning.
- 2014: http://www.heppell.net/12/ Professor Stephen Heppell's '12 reads of Christmas'......I'M NUMBER TWO!
- 2015: Promoted to Learning and Engagement B1 Coordinator at Mark Oliphant College. I was led for implementing all year 7 to 10 PBL projects, professional development for PBL including staff meetings, quality assurance on all products and projects and all Exhibitions of Learning events.
- 2016: Awarded Apple Distinguished Educator and continued my position as a B1 Coordinator at Mark Oliphant College until winning the position of Head of Admiralty School at Isle of Portland Aldridge Community Academy (IPACA), Dorset, England, which I began in August 2016.
- 2017: Continued working at IPACA as Head of School for Perryfield (year 7/8) and Head of Specialist Provision (Special Educational Needs).
- 2018: Appointed Head of Middle Years Transformation at Wirreanda Secondary School, Morphett Vale, South Australia.
2019 Teachers Big Day Out Presentation
2018 PBL 101 @ Panalatinga Partnership Presentation
2018 Empowering Educators in Experiential Learning @ Art Gallery of SA
2015 Make Learning Better @ Mark Oliphant College
2015 Project Based Learning at Mark Oliphant College with Kathleen Hoare @ Fremont Elizabeth High School
2015 History Teachers Association of SA Annual Conference
2014 Make Learning Better @ Mark Oliphant College
2014 Project Based Learning at Mark Oliphant College with Kathleen Hoare @ Henley Beach High School
2014 Project Based Learning at Mark Oliphant College with Lynne Symons & Kathleen Hoare
for SA principals association @ EDC Hindmarsh
2013 Project Based Learning in the Arts @ Trinity College (Blakeview campus)
2013 Make Learning Better @ Mark Oliphant College
2013 Leading Schools Program @ High Tech High San Diego